Friday, September 7, 2012

What do you collect?


As part of the Queensland Museum’s 150th year celebrations, I was asked the question...what do you collect?

I had to think about this one, as being a time poor working mum of a busy toddler, I have little time to indulge in a hobby of my own.

I don’t collect doilies. I don’t collect dolls. I don’t collect matchbox cars…and I don’t know why those particular objects came to mind!

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I am a collector.
I am a collector of words.

I teach words for a living.

I craft words to relax.

I buy other people’s words to embrace.

I am the ultimate logophile. I am every bookshop owners dream. I am a story waiting to unfurl.

Everyone is a collector of something…it’s just discovering what that collection might be.


1 comment:

  1. I collect people I think! I used to collect owl "figurines" but not any more. I guess I collect photos too.

    ReplyDelete